Saturday, March 11, 2017

Frustration.

I've just started the second cycle of progresterone cream.

When I started it a month ago, I noticed a difference almost immediately--within a few days I was feeling better... more energy, better moods, and no symptoms. No partials since end of January (the week I had 14 partials over 5 days). I thought I was good to go.

Today I was sitting on a couch watching tv, and felt as though a mild partial was coming on. I woke up an hour later. I thought I had just fallen asleep on the couch... I didn't realize I had had a seizure but the people I was with witnessed it and told me (thankfully they didn't call the ambulance! Note to friends and family... don't call the ambulance unless I'm either injured or the seizure lasts more than a few minutes).

So... now what. That was only three months between generalized seizures (the previous ones were 6 months apart). And I had NO symptoms until it happened. No warning, have been feeling fine, until today.

And now I feel fine, apart from a slight headache. Not foggy and wiped out like I did with the previous ones. I actually think it was milder than the other ones because it didn't take hours for my brain to clear this time.

So.... wtf?!

And I still can't see the neuro until May.

2 comments:

  1. Aaaaargh! Have you gotten a second opinion on anything? Maybe the first batch of doctors missed something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know if I *can* get a second opinion. The wait lists are so long (4-7 months). And the tests have all been done and they all showed clear... so there's not really anything a different doctor could do except maybe try different treatments, which will happen anyway. Half of epilepsy cases are idiopathic... they never figure out what caused them. Even if they do know what causes it, the treatment is the same: throw meds at it until you've tried all the meds, then consider surgery.

      Delete