Sunday, July 10, 2016

Bad Combination

As of Friday, I'm up to 1000mg of Levetiracetam in the morning, and 1000mg at night. This is the result of the latest increases. The max is 3000/day, so I'm about 2/3 to the max.

The bad news is that the med makes me SO TIRED all the time. But only for a few weeks after each increase, so that should go away in a few weeks.

Meanwhile, the cannabis oil increases my appetite. No wonder I'm having a hard time with my weight. One makes me tired, and one makes me eat. Meanwhile I'm still not running due to my hip issues.

I can't sort all this out instantly but this is going to be my next goal... I think once I switch to the new CBD oil (which has way more CBD and way less THC than the one I started with), that will help the appetite problem. At the same time, the med tiredness will decrease in a few weeks. And then I need to get in for some IMS to take care of my hip issue so I can run again.

I haven't had any episodes to record since June 24, so a little over two weeks. This is good but doesn't necessarily mean anything since I've gone up to a month without anything to record (March's log is entirely blank) and then it comes back. The milestone I have in my head is 6 weeks... if I can go that long without anything significant, I will consider that success.

I was volunteering at Kneeknacker yesterday and it made me sad that I can't run and am getting fatter and losing fitness. This time last year I ran Buckin' Hell 50k and was feeling great. I know I can reverse this and that it won't happen overnight, but it's been 10 months since all this started and I'm frustrated that I can't be on the trail. So today I'm just going to go up to Quarry Rock. It's not much but better than nothing.

Onward!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a good time at Quarry Rock and I will keep my fingers crossed for 6 weeks.

    ReplyDelete