Saturday, July 23, 2016

Four Weeks, and other thoughts

It's been four weeks since my last episode. I'm still not counting my chickens... that will start at 6 weeks. But we're on the right track.

All the med increases have continued to make me exhausted, but that is starting to ease off. Thursday I woke up feeling better, more energetic, and happier than I have in ages.

One of the cool things about having a hyperactive temporal lobe is that periodically, even when I'm not having any episodes, I will have a flash of a random early childhood memory that I haven't thought about in decades. Yesterday I texted my mom, "who did we used to visit in Chetwynd?!" because a flash of a memory had popped into my mind and I could not place it. This memory is 30+ years old and not something I've thought about until now. These little random memories just pop up here and there, ever since this started--a place or a face or an image from when I was little. Or sometimes when I am having an episode it will also include an early memory that I can't place. It's weird and fascinating at the same time--our brains are so interesting!

My wine tolerance also seems to be improving as I adapt to the new med dosage (yay!). I still get tipsy earlier but I don't feel gross like I did when I first started the meds.

I've been hesitating to admit this part out loud: sometimes I can't find words, or don't remember details or conversations. I find myself forgetting what I talked about with people, or losing my train of thought in the middle of a sentence. I am hoping this improves as I get things under control, because it's scary. I'm focusing on taking better notes from client meetings, etc., but it's still freaky that sometimes I can't find a word. I've always prided myself on my vocabulary and language skills, and so when words disappear (even though temporarily) it scares me.

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment