Thursday, February 18, 2016

Carbamazepine Week 4

This will probably be the last med-progress post I do unless something changes, as I seem to have adjusted to it pretty well.

I'm definitely more emotional than I was before. I'm not sure if that's the med or my current stress load. I cry more easily these days... little things make me teary right now. Med or stress or both? Hard to say.

I'm also exhausted all the time. Again, it's hard to blame the med when I have stress and am still not quite 100% from my flu (feeling much better in general, though one of my glands is still not back down to normal size). Or maybe it's just the February blahs.

Overall, not as bad as it could have been.

I have to go get my blood tested next week to make sure the med isn't adversely affecting my blood cell count, and then the following week will be back to the neuro for a follow-up.

Still no big episodes since Jan 13, but the small/mild ones are still happening. Mostly they are just like a passing feeling... so if it stays like that's it's manageable. Still disorienting sometimes. And sometimes I lose my train of thought because of it. There are days when it seems like they're coming and going all day and I keep losing my spot and have to re-orient myself mentally. So if you're talking to me and it seems like if fade out for a second, that's why. But most days are ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment