Saturday, February 27, 2016

still looking for a pattern

When this first started I thought there was a hormonal pattern because the first couple of bad days seemed to coincide with ovulation. Through my reading I've learned that ovulation is when estrogen is highest, and estrogen excites the temporal lobe. Progesterone, on the other hand, calms the temporal lobe. So some women with seizures will use progesterone supplements to help calm their seizures. As well, some women find that as they enter menopause, their seizures calm because of lower estrogen.

But after the first couple, they seemed to deviate from the ovulation pattern. Also, in all my zillions of blood tests they also checked my hormones and didn't find anything unusual.

Even so, I still keep coming back to this idea of a hormonal connection. So today I decided to plot it out. Luckily I track EVERYTHING about my health these days so it's relatively easy to plot it. Please ignore my crappy graph-drawing skills.

Here I've only graphed out the "bad" days, as well as the first day it started happening, which was 10 days before the first bad day.


So they definitely are spread out, but only between days 5 and 17 of my cycle, or roughly half of my cycle. In the other half of my cycle, I have not had any bad days.

Since it has only been 5 months it's too soon to know if it will hold, but it's interesting. Or maybe it's just random. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment