Saturday, August 6, 2016

Six weeks and counting

Yesterday marked six weeks of no episodes, not even little ones. This is my longest stretch now since this started and it gives me hope that the meds are working.

But I'm not out of the woods. There is always that nagging thought in the back of my mind that it could start back up again at any time. Anyone who hasn't been through this might consider that negativity, but in fact it's simply realistic. I've read about and heard from so many people whose meds worked for awhile... months, even years, and then randomly stopped working one day. So there is never an end point, only management and hoping for the best.

Also I've been in a bit of a funk for the past couple of weeks. I don't know if it's because of my meds or if it's the other stuff going on in my life, but I've been feeling sad basically every day for the past two weeks. And that makes me tired. And that makes me just want to curl up on the couch and watch netflix... not good for running my business.

Still spending 4+ hours/day on transit (huge thanks to those of you who have given and/or offered rides!). Yesterday I decided to work at home. Didn't get much work done because I was too tired and sad, but it was a success to avoid setting foot on transit for one day.

I apologize for a bit of a downer post. I am definitely happy to see the six-week mark pass, and hopeful that I will be able to drive again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you passed the six-week mark and just sending some love for the other parts.

    ReplyDelete