Friday, January 1, 2016

boring update

I haven't updated this in a bit so I thought I should... though there is not much to tell!

I got called for a cancellation spot on my MRI, which meant that I had the MRI on December 21 instead of Jan 19. This was really good news because it means my neuro will have all the test results by the time I see him on Jan 20.

And I have to say, I am pretty impressed that within 5 weeks of meeting the neuro, my first round of testing was done. Some people have to wait months and months for these tests. I am grateful for getting in quickly, and I am extremely grateful for the Canadian health care system. In other countries I would be paying thousands for these tests... or putting them off because of the cost. Our system isn't perfect but I love that in the stress of having something wrong with me, I don't have to stress about the cost of having something wrong with me!

The MRI was an interesting experience. I was on day 2 of a cold and had a splitting headache so the noise of the MRI was hard to manage. Aside from that it was painless.

My episodes continue almost daily, but with a much lower intensity than a couple of months ago. Often it's just a twinge. I can't explain the twinge, but I feel it in both my brain and in my stomach simultaneously. Sometimes it's that feeling of trying to remember a memory or feeling and being unable to grasp it. I haven't had any of the major episodes with dizziness/nausea since November. I take that as an improvement.

Now I'm just waiting for my Jan 20 appointment and hoping there are some answers in all these tests! 

No comments:

Post a Comment