Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Carbamazepine week 1

I started this med last week on a quarter dose for three days, then a half dose for 5 days. Today is day 8 so I will be bumping up to 3/4 dose tomorrow.

Every day I have a moment where I self-assess. How am I feeling? Any side effects?

The only thing I've noticed so far (which may not even be related to the med) is that my regular emotions--both good and bad--seem to be amplified. The reason I say it may not be related to the med is that I'm also under a lot of stress this week, and stress can have that same effect.

Monday and Tuesday were highly emotional for me, again triggered by stress. After I went for a hard run Tuesday night, I felt a ton better. Today I feel much more myself.

So for week 1... no issues.

Oh, and I'm barring myself from alcohol for a couple of weeks while I see how my body and mind react. The reason is that the first night I started the med, I had a couple of drinks--then woke up in the middle of the night with a killer stomach cramp. Don't know if it was the med or the alcohol or both or neither, but I figure it's safer not to have any alcohol for now, at least until I see how things go.

coffee, on the other hand....

No comments:

Post a Comment